NewsLocal News

Actions

3 displaced after house fire in Lansing

Posted at 8:36 AM, Nov 04, 2018
and last updated 2018-11-05 07:28:30-05

Three men were displaced after a big fire broke out at a two-story duplex in Lansing.

The incident happened shortly before noon Saturday at 2517 W. Miller Road.

Steve Mazurek, a spokesperson with the Lansing Fire Department said the three men were living in a separate downstairs and upstairs unit and were outside when firefighters arrived.

Both units were badly damaged.

One of the men was burned and was taken to the hospital. Mazurek said he'll make a full recovery.

The incident is being ruled as an accidental fire and the Red Cross is helping the victims.

The units did have working smoke alarms.

Miller Rd. was closed between Pleasant Grove and Martin Luther King Blvd for a time being as crews battled the fire.