LANSING, Mich. — The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Commission of Mid-Michigan is proud to announce the 3rd Annual MLK Jr. Holiday Art Contest sponsored by Delta Dental, the MLK Jr. Commission of Mid-Michigan, and the MSU Broad Art Lab.
Categories for entry:
- Students in grades 6-8
- Students in grade 9-12
- Open (adults)
Group submissions are allowed for students in grades 6-8 and 9-12, however, all artists must be within the same grade and return individual media release forms. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the media release form for each group member to fill out. Group submissions are not allowed for open category entrants.
Selected submissions will be displayed at the MSU Broad Art Lab from Apr. 4 - Apr. 25.
Selected submissions will need to be dropped off at the MSU Broad Art Lab between Mar. 20- Mar. 28 as well as picked up from the MSU Broad Art Lab between Apr. 27- May 2.
Prizes will be awarded in the following category:
- Grand Prize | Open ($1000), Grades 6-8 ($500), Grades 9-12 ($500)
- First Runner-Up | Grades 6-8 ($350), Grades 9-12 ($350)
- Second Runner-Up | Grades 6-8 ($150), Grades 9-12 ($150)
Entries must meet the following criteria:
- Relevant and consistent with the theme - "Out of a mountain of despair, a stone of hope"
- Original works created within the last 12 months
- Accompanied with a narrative (no more than 250 words) that explains the concept and relationship to the theme and social justice/inequity
- Accompanied with the media release form
- Digital images of the work must be submitted along with the narrative and media release form by Friday, Mar. 12th at 1pm.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com
Want to see more local news ? Visit the FOX47News Website.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.