Michigan citizens gathered at the state Capitol in Lansing to rally against hate and crimes of violence, particularly those directed at people of color.
The gathering was organized by Blacks and Latinos Against Racist Empowerment.
Rick Ector, a Detroit-area personal safety advocate, came up with the idea for the rally.
"A lot of our nation's focus is being concentrated and focused on the Coronanvirus and its impact on the economy, but little time is being said about racial minorities being killed across the nation," Ector said. "The deaths are a sober reminder that the world is not a safe place."
- Michigan State Representative Karen Whitsett
- Maj Toure (Black Guns Matter)
- Marcus Allen Weldon (Author of the Santa Shooter)
- Kerry Leon Jackson (Former District Court Magistrate)
- Linda Lee Tarver (Michigan Republican Assembly)
- Dale Brown (Vipers Threat Management)
- Chad J King (NAAGA - Detroit Chapter)
- Ivory Smith (NAAGA - Grand Rapids Chapter)
- Michael Christopher Lynn Jr. (Black and Brown 2A Advocates)
- Jamie Gabriel (NRA Certified Instructor)
- Reggie "Reg" Davis (Founder - Project Cease Fire)
- Rick Ector (Legally Armed In Detroit)