Michigan-based ice cream maker Hudsonville is partnering with another Michigan company on the return of the "Michigan Artisan Collection." According to Hudsonville, they will have a new local flavor called Germack Honey Roasted Peanut, as they have collaborated with Germack Pistachio Company.
The Germack Honey Roasted Peanut is a small-batch ice cream flavor with a honey base, peanut butter swirl and honey roasted peanuts from Germack, which is the oldest roaster of pistachios in the U.S. It will be available to sample for free at a special tasting event at Germack's location in Eastern Market beginning at 11 a.m. on June 8.
“Germack is known for so many incredible nut and coffee products, which meant we did taste testing on many different delicious flavor combinations before we landed on this new Honey Roasted Peanut flavor,” Kinsey MacDonald, a product developer with Hudsonville Ice Cream, said. “The honey roasted peanuts from Germack stand out in our creamy honey ice cream and it is sure to be a favorite flavor this summer. With their commitment to an original time-honored roasting process, Germack embodies exactly the type of partner we want to work with as part of the Michigan Artisan Collection, highlighting the best flavors of our home state in every scoop.”
It will also be available beginning June 9 in limited quantities across the state, and it's expected to sell out quickly.
“Our family began roasting nuts and seeds in Detroit’s Eastern Market in 1924, and for 95 years we have been loyal to the City of Detroit and the state of Michigan,” Frank Germack, co-owner of Germack Pistachio Co, said. “We are so proud to serve our community, and to partner with Hudsonville Ice Cream for this year’s Michigan Artisan Collection is a meaningful way for us to celebrate our rich history this year. We hope everyone will stop by our shop on June 8 to taste this flavor for themselves.”
This is the second year for the Michigna Artisan Collection, which is a special small batch collection of the best parts of Michigan. Last year, it featured three flavors: Bowerman's Blueberry donut, Sweetie-Licious Pie Surprise and Ferris Coffee Caramel Cold Brew.
You can find Hudsonville's Germack Honey Roasted Peanut at the locations below:
- Banana Boat, 3721 Corunna Rd, Flint, 48532
- Captain Sundae – Holland North, 365 Douglas Avenue, Holland, 49424
- Captain Sundae – Holland South, 247 West 40th Street, Holland, 49423
- Captain Sundae – Zeeland, 537 Main Ave, Zeeland, 49464
- Carie’s Caboose, 287 E State St, Montrose, 48457
- Cosmic Candy Co., 168 S Hancock, Pentwater, 49449
- Fantasy Twirl, 3191 142nd Ave, Dorr, 49323
- Frosty Boy of Cascade, 6886 Cascade Rd SE, Grand Rapids, 49546
- Frosty Boy Kalamazoo, 5030 Gull Rd, Kalamazoo, 49048
- Houseman’s Ice Cream, 2543 84th Street SW, Byron Center, 49315
- Jaami’s Ice Cream & Treats, 592 Cass St, Frankenmuth, 48734
- Kings Trading Post Party Store, 8493 5 Mile Rd, Mecosta, 49332
- Lighthouse Party Store, 701 North Huron Ave, Mackinaw City, 49701
- Mastro’s Ice Cream, 24445 Jefferson Ave, St Clair Shores, 48080
- Norm’s Ice Cream Shop – Fruitport, 350 N 3rd Ave, Fruitport, 49415
- Norm’s Ice Cream Shop – Grand Haven, 1453 Washington Ave, Grand Haven, 49417
- Norm’s Ice Cream Shop North Muskegon, 80 N. Causeway Rd., North Muskegon, 49445
- Ottawa Beach General Store, 2256 Ottawa Beach Rd, Holland, 49424
- Ruthie’s Dairy Twist, 201 N Bridge St, Bellaire, 49615
- Sadie’s Ice Cream Parlor, Grand Hotel, 1891 Cadotte Ave, Mackinac Island, 49757
- The Parlour of Jackson, 1401 Daniel Rd, Jackson, 49202
- Tiffany’s Café, 10213 W Front St, Empire, 49630
- The Sweet Tooth of Marine City, 312 S Water St, Marine City, 48039
- Yummies, 220 E Main St, Harbor Springs, 49740