General Motors has released details on their plan to help displaced employees at Warren Transmission and Detroit-Hamtramck plant.
According to the company, there about are 2,800 U.S. hourly employees impacted and 2,700 total job opportunities available in the U.S. This would leave nearly 100 people without employment.
There are two Michigan plants accepting employees -- Flint Assembly and Lansing Grand River.
Other facilities include:
- Bedford Casting Operations in Bedford, Indiana
- Bowling Green Assembly in Bowling Green, Kentucky
- Flint Assembly in Flint, Michigan
- Lansing Grand River Assembly in Lansing, Michigan
- Toledo Transmission Operations in Toledo, Ohio
- Spring Hill Manufacturing in Spring Hill, Tennessee
- Arlington Assembly in Arlington, Texas
More than 1,000 workers have already volunteered to transfer to different GM plants.