Facebook rolled out a new emoji reaction on Friday for users amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The emoji on the Facebook app is a smiley face hugging a heart and the one on the Messenger app is a heart with what looks like reverberations around it.
— Alexandru Voica (@alexvoica) April 17, 2020
How to get the Hug Reaction on a Facebook Post
- Find a Facebook post you wish to react to with a hug.
- Hold down the 'Like' button underneath the post.
- You will see six options come up which represent different emotions.
- Drag your finger to the one that looks like a face hugging a heart.
- Now you have reacted to the post with that symbol.
Additional Coronavirus information and resources:
Click here for a page with resources including a COVID-19 overview from the CDC, details on cases in Michigan, a timeline of Governor Gretchen Whitmer's orders since the outbreak, coronavirus' impact on Southeast Michigan, and links to more information from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, the CDC and the WHO.
View a global coronavirus tracker with data from Johns Hopkins University.
Find out how you can help businesses and restaurants struggling during the pandemic.
Also, get information about Rebound Mid Michigan, with stories, information and more about coming back from COVID-19
Join the Rebound Mid Michigan Facebook Group.
See complete coverage on our Coronavirus Continuing Coverage page.