Planet Fitness plans to reopen its 66 locations in Michigan on Wednesday, Sept. 9.
In a press release, the company said it has taken several steps to "strengthen" its existing cleanliness policies.
The following procedures will be in effect:
- All team members will have completed extensive training related to enhanced cleanliness and sanitization policies and procedures
- Employees will receive daily temperature checks when they arrive to work each day
- Increased, thorough cleaning will be conducted
- Increased sanitization stations will be available throughout the gym floor and members will continue to be asked to wipe down equipment before and after use
- Touchless check-in is available via the Planet Fitness app
- Masks are required in all Planet Fitness locations and in accordance with local restrictions
- Some pieces of cardio equipment will be temporarily marked out of use
- Clubs will operate at 25% capacity in accordance with local restrictions
Hours will vary by location.