Gun Lake Casino says today it will "remain open" and implement several temporary changes "to further protect the community."
The casino made the announcement on its website, two days after the three-week COVID-19 emergency order issued Sunday by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
"As a federally recognized Indian tribe, the Gun Lake Tribe is a sovereign government and will continue to make decisions to protect the community," the casino says.
Gun Lake Casino says it is confident in its Play It Safe Initiative, which it implemented during its initial re-opening in June.
The casino will operate in the following manner, including several changes, from Nov. 20 at 9 a.m. until Dec. 9 at 9 a.m.:
- Hours of operation will remain 9 a.m. to 5 a.m.
- Slots will remain operational, featuring Plexiglas barriers or spacing for social distancing
- All dining/drinking amenities will close, including Harvest Buffet, Sandhill Café, Grab-n-Go and all bars and alcohol service
- Beverage stations for coffee, soda and water will remain open with full service from team members
- The retail sportsbook counter and Stage 131 will be closed with sports betting kiosks available during normal operating hours
- All table games outside the High Limit Room will be closed
- High Limit Room will be open with limited room capacity
- Closure of Appliques Gift Shop
- East Rewards Center will remain open