Child's hair caught in Chuck E Cheese ticket muncher

Posted at 4:39 PM, Feb 07, 2017
and last updated 2017-02-07 17:52:18-05

A trip to a Sterling Heights Chuck E Cheese Saturday turned scary for an Oakland Township mom.

“It was very traumatic,” says Michaelena Dodge.

She and her 3 year old daughter were at the restaurant, when she says her daughter bent over by the ticket machine to grab a bag. Her hair got caught in the machine yanking her towards it.

“I thought it was going to take her scalp off.”

Her mom says she had to physically pry her daughter’s head from the machine, causing her daughter’s hair to come out. She has been left with bald spots and required medical attention for head pain.

The parent company of Chuck E Cheese released a statement, which reads:

“We’re aware of an incident that occurred on Saturday, Feb. 4 in our Sterling Heights restaurant, in which a child sustained a minor scalp injury while feeding tickets into the Ticket Muncher machine. The store manager on duty acted quickly to make sure the child was ok and we’ve since been in contact with her mother and offered to assist with any medical bills. We want to assure parents and caregivers that maintaining a safe experience for our guests is a primary concern for us.”