A raging house fire in Livonia caused one father to throw his kids out of a first story window to safety early this morning.
LIVONIA, Mich. (WXYZ) - A raging house fire in Livonia left one family no choice but to escape out of a window.
Firefighters were called out to the 18000 block of Lathers around 3 a.m. and saw a house completely engulfed in flames.
Family says they woke up to the smoke alarm and the dad guided his 12-year-old daughter and 11-year-old son out of the back bathroom window to safety.
Fire crews say the garage, living room and kitchen all caught on fire. It's believed the fire started in the garage.
High winds didn't help the situation, spreading the heat and causing damage to the neighbor's siding.