The all new 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban were unveiled during a press event Tuesday night in Detroit.
General Motors announced that the popular haulers have been redesigned to offer more interior space and updated and "exclusive" technologies and features.
“There are no vehicles like Tahoe and Suburban – which have starred in Hollywood movies, carried military heroes and world leaders, and helped create countless family memories,” said Barry Engle, executive vice president, and president, General Motors North America. “We’ve taken what people love about these pioneering SUVs and made them even better – adding more room for people and cargo, more advanced technology and an unrivaled driving experience.”
Some of the specs for these new full-size SUVs include:
- Class-leading interior space:
o Sixty-six percent more cargo room behind the third row for Tahoe, and 19 percent more maximum cargo space behind the first row for Suburban – both best in classo Ten additional inches (254 mm) of third-row legroom for T ahoe
- Dramatically improved driving dynamics:
o The most advanced suspension in the segment, with an independent rear suspension paired with available Magnetic Ride Control and first-in-class Air Ride Adaptive Suspensiono New Air Ride Adaptive Suspension offers load leveling at all four corners of the vehicle, and up to four inches (102 mm) of ride-height adjustment
- An entirely new SUV-specific interior offering up to five display screens in total:
o Standard 10-inch (254 mm) diagonal central color touchscreen, the largest in its segmento Available8-inch(203mm) diagonal instrument cluster
o Available 15-inch (381 mm) Head-Up Display, which no competitor offers
o Available dual 12.6-inch (320 mm) diagonal rear seat LCD displays, part of the segment’s most advanced rear-seat media system
- Thirty safety and driver convenience features, highlighted by standard Automatic Emergency Braking1 and new features, including HD Surround Vision1 and Rear Pedestrian Alert1
- Technologies to optimize performance and efficiency, including:
o All-new3.0L Duramax turbo-diesel engine, delivering an unprecedented combination of refinement, performance and efficiencyo Updated V-8 engines with Dynamic Fuel Management, including the available 6.2L V-8 offering best-in-class 420 horsepower
o Standard 10-speed automatic transmission for all engines with push-button electronic shift
- Best-in-class nine camera views and new trailering features designed to help improve the driver’s experience and confidence, including trailer profiles, trailer tire pressure/temperature monitoring and Side Blind Zone Alert1 for trailering
The 2021 Chevy Tahoe and Suburban will be available for sale in mid-2020 in North America.
For more vehicle specifications, visit