A new school year means it’s time to shop for new school supplies, clothing, and most importantly, glasses. Studies show that more than 25 percent of children who exhibit learning difficulties in the classroom are not able to see clearly. Here in Lansing, Eyemart Express, a leading optical retailer and the fastest provider of quality prescription eyewear in the industry, is helping parents navigate back-to-school eye care and glasses shopping by sharing five things you didn’t know about finding the right eyewear for your kids.
Here are the top five tips:
- Not all lenses are created equal. Kids can be rough on glasses with time spent on the playground or in gym class, so it is best to get polycarbonate lenses. They are the most impact resistant lenses and are lightweight, so your kids will be comfortable wearing them every day.
- There is a wide selection of kids’ frames. With more than 2,000 frames to pick from in every Eyemart Express store, even the pickiest of children can find a pair of glasses that they love. Popular new collections for young children include My Little Pony, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Transformers. Chic frames in fun colors by GEEK give older kids a trendy look. Athletic safety glasses are also available for kids who play soccer, baseball and tennis.
- Not every pair of glasses will properly fit your child. The secret to achieving the perfect fitting glasses derives from the lens diameter, bridge width, and temple length. Expertly trained Eyemart Express associates in every store provide individualized attention to ensure a proper fit.
- Getting new glasses is easier and more affordable than you think. Take care of two errands with one stop: visit the eye doctor next door to Eyemart Express and bring your new prescription to the store or simply bring your child’s updated prescription, and Eyemart Express associates will be ready to help find the right frames to match the prescription lenses. Back-to-school sales like getting 2 pairs of kids’ glasses with durable polycarbonate lenses for only $79 (a $200 value) pack extra savings on top of everyday affordable prices. Plus, all glasses come with a one-year frame warranty that covers any adjustments or breakages.
- You can go home with a new pair of glasses on the same day as your purchase. Forget having to wait a week to wear your new glasses. Busy families getting ready for the new school year will appreciate that Eyemart Express has a lab in every store and offers customers the fastest production of quality glasses in the industry — ninety percent of glasses purchased from Eyemart Express stores are delivered on the same day.
To find the right glasses for your children, visit the Lansing Eyemart Express at 5020 W. Saginaw Highway. See store hours and the latest deals .