It's going to be another warm weekend across metro Detroit and the state, but more than a dozen beaches are closed due to high bacteria levels.
According to the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, there are 15 beaches in the state that are closed, three of which are in metro Detroit.
The beaches in metro Detroit are:
- Scotch Lake in Oakland County
- Newburgh and Sumac Pointes in Wayne County
- Eagle Lake's Lakeland Estates in Oakland County
- St. Clair Shores Memorial Park Beach in Macomb County
- Independence Oaks County Park in Oakland County
- Stony Creek Metropark - Baypoint Beach in Macomb County
- Chrysler Park Beach in St. Clair County
- Chalmers Lake in Oakland County
- Forestville Beach, Port Sanilac Park and Lexington Beach in Sanilac County
To see the full list of closed beaches, click here .