The Lansing City Market's Grand Concert Series has returned for summer 2016. Once a month from June to September, Jazz and Blues music artists will perform on the lower Riverside Plaza.
Wednesday performances are dedicated to jazz and Thursdays are for blues. Each performance will be opened by local high school concert bands and choral groups.
The remaining Jazz performance dates are:
- July 27, 2016 with Medium Rare, and East Lansing High School Jazz Band
- August 24, 2016 with Orrick Ewing, and Lansing Community College Jazz Band
- September 14, 2016 with Phil Denny (and friends), and Lansing School District Choral Ensemble
The remaining Blues performance dates are:
- June 16, 2016 with Tywla Birdsong (and band), and Everette High School Jazz Band
- July 28, 2016 with Thornetta Davis, and DeWitt Junior High Jazz Band
- August 25, 2016 with David Gerald, MSU Community Music School
- Sept. 15, 2016 with Frog & the Beeftones
The concerts are free and start at 6p.m. Bring lawn chairs or blankets and enjoy a concert in the summer sun.
For more information, visit lansingcitymarket.com