GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Valentine's Day is right around the corner, which is a good time to make sure you're relationship is healthy.
We spoke with Licensed Psychologist Dr. Nicole Beurkens, PhD, CNS, with Horizons Developmental Resource Center, about some good tips to improve your love life.
- Communication – set aside time for productive communication on a regular basis
- Plan ahead – set expectations for who will do what
- Take care of yourselves physically
- Make a plan for time apart and time together
- Be intentional about focusing on the positives
- Normalize the fact that this is a tough time