LANSING, Mich. — The Center for Disease Control shared these six tips to help prevent chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.
1. Get Enough Sleep - Adults need at least 7 hours of sleep every night
- Drowsy Driving: Avoid Falling Asleep at the Wheel
- Practice good sleep habits
- Avoid alcohol and medicines that can make you sleepy
- Talk to your doctor if you have symptoms of a sleep disorder like snoring
2. Get Active
- When getting together round up some family and friends for a walk or hike
3. Eat Healthy
- Reach for healthy options like fruit and vegetables instead of salty or sugary treats
4. Rethink Your Drink
- Substitute water for sugary or alcoholic drinks to reduce calories and stay safe
5. Quit Smoking
- You can quit today! Call 1-800 QUIT-NOW for free support
6. Prevent the Flu
- Get Your Flu Shot - An annual flu vaccine is the best way to protect against flu
- Wash Your Hands - Wash your hands with soap and clean running water for 20 seconds
Want to see more local news ? Visit the FOX47News Website.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox.
Select from these options: Breaking News, Severe Weather, School Closings, Daily Headlines and Daily Forecasts.