Winter is here - so, why not make the best of it? Here are a few things we think can brighten up this winter and ultimately get you in the holiday spirit.
Have your eyes on a those hills already? Just wait a little longer the snow is coming! Once they’re snow-covered, hills take on a whole new purpose in the winter. Granger Meadows Park, located in Lansing Michigan, is a 75-acre park with a nice big hill for sledding in the winter. Here’s a list of other parks in Michigan you may want to visit for tubing and sledding:
- The Cascades Park (Jackson, MI)
- Hawk Island (Lansing, MI)
- William Burchfield Park (Holt, MI) Hoyt Park (Saginaw, MI)
- Midland City Forest Park (Midland, MI)
The holidays are full of sweet treats that are fun to make and even more fun to eat. Check out this recipe for Michigan Rock cookies!
Hit the slopes!
Did you know you burn up to 3,000 calories during six hours of skiing? Well if that's not a good enough reason to hit the slopes, just think of how much fun you’ll have! The Mt Holly Ski & Snowboard Resort located in Holly, Michigan, is a great substitute if you can't make it up North this year.
Go ice skating!
Ice skating is the perfect date idea, especially in the winter. Take your significant other, friends, or family ice skating for a full day of fun. Here’s a list of great ice skating rinks to consider:
- Munn Ice Arena (East Lansing, MI)
- Arctic Edge of Canton (Canton, MI)
- Suburban Ice (East Lansing, MI)
- Grand Oaks Ice Arena (Howell, MI)
- Edge Ice Arena (Holland, MI)
Volunteer at a soup kitchen!
The holiday season can be hard for some, there are individuals without the luxury of having a place to call home during the holidays. Fill your heart and the hearts of others with gratitude this season by volunteering your services to a soup kitchen near you. Here is a list of soup kitchens in the mid-Michigan area:
- Greater Lansing Food Bank (Lansing, MI)
- North End Soup Kitchen (Flint, MI)
- East Side Soup Kitchen (Saginaw, MI)
- Isabella Community Soup Kitchen (Mt. Pleasant, MI)
Decorate for the holidays!
Nothing says “I’m in the holiday spirit” more than a yard full of lights and blow up reindeers. If you want to save money for all of the Christmas shopping you’ll be doing we’ve got you covered. Check out some of these cool DIY decorations for this holiday season; both interior and exterior.