Halloween is approaching and there are fun recipes for you and your kids.
Vince & Joe's Chef Angelo Loria joined 7 Action News to show off some different recipes. Check them out below.
Baked Halloween Mac and Cheese
· 1 ½ cups dry elbow macaroni, cavatappi, or any other fun pasta shapes
· 3 tablespoons butter
· 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
· 2 cups milk
· 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
· 2 cups of shredded cheese, cheddar, swiss, velveta or any other good melting cheese
· Fun toping like
o Steamed Broccoli
o Pulled Pork
o Diced Ham
o Black Olives
o Sauteed Mushrooms
o Green Olives
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil; add a generous sprinkling of salt to the pasta. Cook pasta according to directions on box, about 7-10 minutes. Cool immediately in an ice bath. Once cool, drain water and place in a sealable container, mix with oil to prevent pasta from sticking together, seal and refrigerate until needed.
3. To make sauce, melt the butter in a skillet or medium pot.
4. Add the flour and stir over medium heat until the mixture is lightly browned; 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the milk and whisk to remove any lumps and add the salt and pepper.
6. Cook over medium-high heat until the sauce thickens and starts to bubble. About 6 minutes.
7. Turn off heat and stir in the cheese, whisking until smooth and melted. Cool sauce completely.
8. On the day of use, stir the pasta into the sauce. Portion in small ramekins for individual servings and have kids (and adults) decorate tops with favorite toppings. Bake until hot, about 10 minutes.
For fun effect, you can add natural coloring like carrot juice, pesto or food coloring.
A pepper cut into a jack’ o’ lantern is a fun way to bake the mac and cheese.
Easy Halloween Pizza
Partially baked cheese pizza
Triangle Shaped Pepperoni
Green Olives Stuffed with Pimento cut in half
Sliced Black Olives
Cooked Bacon Slices
Long Slices of Cheese
Banana Pepper rings
Assemble pizzas by having pizza dough partially cooked, with sauce and cheese added after dough is out of the oven. Have the kids decorate pizzas to look spooky, silly or just good!!
If you are short on time, submarine sandwich buns, naan bread, flour tortillas or precooked pizza dough would work well too. Just add pizza sauce, cheese and toppings!!