CATA Services Close for Christmas & New Year's Holiday
Lansing, MI—In observance of Christmas and New Year’s Day, CATA will not operate services on Wednesday, Dec. 25 or Wednesday, Jan. 1. The Spec-Tran office will remain open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on both Christmas and New Year’s Day to schedule rides needed after each holiday. The Spec-Tran phone number is (517) 394-CATA (2282).
On both Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, all CATA services will conclude early. Buses will depart for their last trip no later than 6:15 p.m. Specifically,
• The majority of the 14 downtown Lansing routes serving the CATA Transportation Center (CTC) will depart the Center for the last time at 5:45 p.m.--on Routes 2, 3, 5, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 14. Route 1 will depart at 6:00 p.m. Final CTC departures for routes with a 60-minute frequency--# 7, 11, 13, 15 and 16--will be at 6:15 p.m.
• Routes 20 and 26 will depart from the MSU/CATA Transportation Center for the last time at 5:55 p.m.
• Routes 22 and 23 depart for their final trip from the MSU/CTC at 5:20 p.m. and at 5:55 p.m. from the Meridian
• Routes 24 and 25 will make their final departures from MSU’s Ramp 5 on Red Cedar at 5:45 p.m.
• Spec-Tran will schedule pick-ups only until 6:15 p.m. on both days.
For a complete list of all final departure times by route, go to cata.org or contact CATA Customer Service at (517) 394-1000. All CATA services will resume regular schedules on Thursday, Dec. 26 and Thursday, Jan. 2.