Easy Sweets: Burger Cupcakes
I made this recipe last year and everyone loved it! The first attempt might be messy, but they turn out great!
You will need:
- 1 package of vanilla cupcakes
- 1 package of chocolate cupcakes
- Sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tube of red, yellow, and green vanilla frosting*
*Note: You can save money by just using one can of vanilla frosting and and red, yellow, and green food coloring and mixing them yourself.
- Mix and bake the vanilla and chocolate cupcakes according to packaged instructions.
- Allow cupcakes to bake and cool completely.
- Using a sharp knife, slice each vanilla cupcake in half. This will create the "bun" for your burger.
- Slice each of the chocolate cupcakes about a half inch from the bottom to create the "patty" for your burger.
- Separate your bun. Place a little frosting in the center of the bottom cupcake. This will act as the glue to keep your finished cupcake together. It does not matter what color frosting you use.
- Place the patty on the bottom bun.
- To create "cheese", spread yellow frosting in a square around the edges of your patty.
- For "lettuce," squeeze on the green frosting. Allow it to overlap with the yellow frosting a bit.
- For "ketchup", add some red frosting the same way you did with the green, allowing it to peek over the other colors
- Set the top bun on top of your patty.
- Mix two teaspoons of sugar with a teaspoon of water. Brush a bit of the mixture on top of your bun. This is to hold the sesame seeds.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Serve and enjoy!