Chlorine Leak Caused by Faulty Equipment
A bad thermostat and bad heater were the cause of the incident. Video by fox47news.comvideo
Last month's chlorine leak in Summit Township is being blamed on a bad thermostat and heater. The supervisor there says the temperature inside the sub-station on Christopher Street was nearly 260-degrees. The chlorine tanks' valves are designed to release if it gets too hot, so they don't split open from the pressure. Around 75 homes were evacuated from the precaution.