Celebrate National PB Lovers Month
Did you know that this month Americans will consume more than 65 million pounds of peanut butter?
November is National Peanut Butter Lovers month!!!
Whether you like your butter, smooth or crunchy, salted or unsalted, with honey, jam or jelly, celebrate by diving into your favorite flavor.
Some fun facts about peanut butter from the National Peanut Board:
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
- The world's largest peanut butter factory churns out 250,000 jars of the tasty treat everyday.
- Peanuts account for two-thirds of all snack nuts consumed in the USA.
- Americans spend almost $800 million a year on peanut butter.
- Peanut butter is really called a paste, not a butter.
- Women and children prefer creamy, while most men opt for chunky.
- Americans eat enough peanut butter in a year to make more than 10 billion peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
- Peanuts have more protein, niacin, folate and phytosterols than any nut. They also naturally cholesterol-free.
- Archibutyrophobia is the fear of getting peanut butter stuck to the roof of your mouth.
- Peanut butter will remove gum out of your hair.
From one peanut butter lover to another,