Cake Batter Blondie Brownies
There are times when I get too overwhelmed with all of the wonderful things on Pinterest. Sure, it's great to pin fun recipes and craft tips and 50 ways to braid my hair and tie a scarf, but what I often lack with Pinterest is the follow-through.
However, I didn't need much motivation when I saw this picture of Cake Batter Blondies:
This dangerously yummy and easy recipe was too good looking to pass up. My husband, friends and I absolutely love Funfetti cake mix, so why not use it to make Blondie brownies? This recipe comes from Six Sisters' Stuff.
Mine are pictured above - I decided not to frost them this time around, but I imagine I will have to add some of my homemade almond extract-infused frosting when I make them again for a party.
Cake Batter Blondies
- One box Funfetti Mix (or Yellow Cake Mix with sprinkles added in)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3-1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Frosting (if desired)
- Put dry cake mix in a large bowl and add in oil and egg - mix together. Slowly add milk so the batter remains a thick, dense consistency.
- Add in white chocolate chips.
- Spray a 9x9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and add the batter in an even layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Once baked, let them cool in the pan for another 20-30 minutes. Add frosting if desired, or keep them plain.