First Post as a 'Soon to be Mom'
Wow, hello Blog world...it's been awhile. Remember me? Well, a lot has happened since my last post here. So I'll tell you what's going on in my world.
Yep, you read the title correctly, I'm going to be a Mom! CRAAA-ZY. I'm preggers and loving it. 21.5 weeks and counting (yes, I now talk in weeks...for the general pubic that is 5 1/2 months). I feel extremely lucky, because I've had an exceptionally easy pregnancy thus far! No morning sickness - AT ALL, no food aversions, no smell aversions, minimal weight gain and besides my belly getting bigger, I don't actually feel pregnant. I'm actually waiting for something not so pleasant to come along.
One thing I can attribute to a great pregnancy so far is eating right and exercising. I am still teaching all my Zumba classes and eating healthy (most of the time). So I guess all the docs are right, if you stay healthy and active it can only help in an easy pregnancy. Now, I'm not saying that someone who does these things won't have a hard pregnancy either, all our bodies are different. Take what you can get. I mean, heck, you're making a human being for crying out loud!
A little over a week ago my hubby and I found out the gender of our little bundle of joy. A GIRL. And we are overjoyed! We can't wait to meet her and snuggle her and give her kisses!
So if you are pregnant, trying to conceive or just want to stay healthy...here are a few hints:
1. Drink insane amounts of water. At least 64 ounces per day, more if you are active.
2. Cut down on caffeine (like one cup per day). Make sure you count coffee, tea, pop...
3. Eat lots of fruit and veggies. Avocados are a pregnancy super-food!
4. Make sure your protein intake is sufficient. Pregnant women need about 70g of protein a day, non-pregnant women only need 45g. Beans are a great source of protein, as are lean meat, poultry, fish and shellfish, eggs, milk, cheese, tofu, and yogurt.
5. Keep skin moisturized. I can't say this enough, slather on that lotion! I'll share with you my fav stretch mark cream soon!
Stay-tuned for more on my preggo path and mommy journey! ~Stephanie