Recipe: Aunt Julie's Pita Chips
Here is a recipe for DELICIOUS "Pita Chips" that my Aunt Julie has made famous at all of our family gatherings. It's a hit!
She just made them this past weekend for Greek Easter and it reminded me how much I love them...simple and healthy! Check it out below:
What you'll need
- 1 package of Whole Wheat Pita bread (there's about 12 in a package)
- Italian Seasoning (I use the McCormick GRINDER Italian seasoning...in the seasoning isle)
- Shredded Mozzarela Cheese (I buy the HARD shredded cheese from Sams Club or Costco)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- Square off the edges of the pita bread by cutting the round edges off.
- Line Cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut pita in triangles open face, smooth side down.
- Brush lightly w/olive oil.
- Sprinkle with seasoning.
- Sprinkle w/cheese.
Bake @ 300 degrees until golden brown. Let them cool. Serve with hummus or your favorite dip. For some dip ideas, click here.