Healthy Super Bowl Dishes Even He'll Love
Buffalo Chicken Dip
I was given this recipe by a co-worker of mine a few years back, and of course I had to make a 'healthy' version of it...and it has already passed the test with my Husband and all of his guy friends! It's a winner.
1 package 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese, softened
1 Can all white meat Chicken Breast
3/4 Cup of Low-Fat Ranch (My fav is Hidden Valley)
1/4 Cup of Franks Red-Hot
1/2 Cup Shredded Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar
Celery Cut into 3-4 inch sticks
Heat the chicken and red hot in a skillet until heated though. Add the softened cream cheese and ranch. Cook on medium until blended and piping hot. Sprinkle in shredded cheese and mix until all cheese is melted. Serve immediately with celery and/or your favorite tortilla chips!
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
Dress up your veggie platter with this healthy ranch dressing from the Skinny Girl herself, bethenny.com
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh pepper
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp. water
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- Combine all ingredients and chill before serving.
Not-So Fried Chicken with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
Enjoy the taste of fried chicken, without the added fat or calories. From cookinglight.com
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare chicken, combine buttermilk and hot sauce in a shallow dish. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a shallow dish. Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, and dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan. Set aside, and keep warm.
- While chicken cooks, prepare the dressing. Combine fat-free mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl. Serve with chicken strips.
Mini Spinach Pie Cups
These pop-in-your-mouth cups are healthy enough to have a few...just make sure to step away! Found this recipe on thenest.com
2 lbs. frozen spinach, thawed
4 oz. feta, crumbled
8 spring onions, chopped
1/2 cup dill, finely chopped
1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
1/4 cup light cream
4 eggs, lightly beaten
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
1. Squeeze spinach.
2. Put in bowl with rest of ingredients (except for phyllo shells and Parmesan). Mix well.
3. Fill phyllo shells to edges.
4. Sprinkle cheese on top so spinach doesn't burn.
5. Bake according to phyllo cup directions