I love going home for many reasons, but one is definitely for my mom's cooking! She had been raving about this delicious vegetable pizza she had made, so of course she made it for me when I came home. It was DELICIOUS, healthy and pretty easy to make as well.
Here is what you will need:
For the Crust--
1 1/2 cup of vegan shredded cheese (cheddar tastes the best, in my opinion)
1 1/2 cup of ground almonds
1/4 cup of garbanzo bean flour
1/4 cup of ground flax
1 tsp of onion powder
1/2 tsp of garlic powder
2 flax eggs (4 tbsp of flax & 6 tbsp of water--> mix together and let sit for ten minutes)
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup of water
For the Toppings--
Tomato sauce (to taste)
Oregano (to taste)
Vegetables of your choice (we used steamed spinach, tomatoes and lots of avocado)
How to Prepare--
1) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
2) Mix together the dry ingredients, then add in the wet ingredients
3) It should be very thick, chill for a bit if possible!
4) Place parchment paper under and over dough and roll out (don't worry it won't stick to the paper)
5) Spray a bit of coconut oil on the top just in case
6) Bake for 20 minutes
It should look like this when it is done-
7) Add tomato sauce and oregano
8) Then add toppings of your choice (I would recomment steamed spinach, tomatoes and avocado)
9) After putting on toppings of your choice, put back in the oven for about 10 minutes! Then ENJOY.
* This recipe is vegan but can be enjoyed by anybody and tweaked to fit your own personal taste!