Homemade Granola Bars
I've always loved a good granola bar in the morning with my coffee, it's a delicious and easy way to start the day. I often found a lot of granola bars contain tons of sugar and ingredients that are not needed. So, I realized homemade granola bars are the way to go-- not to mention they're much cheaper & delicious!
I stole this recipe from my sister because she always makes them and I am OBSESSED!
Here is what you will need:
1) 1 and 1/2 cups of rolled oats
2) 1/8 cup of chia seeds
3) 1/4 cup of golden flax meal
4) 1/2 cup of agave sweetener
5) 1 cup of peanut butter
6) A mixture of nuts and/or dried fruit (add as many as you'd like)
1) Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well
2) Put saran wrap on a baking pan (preferable one with edges)
3) Spread mixture evenly on pan and put it in the freezer
4) I like to wait overnight and then enjoy one in the morning!
*Pairs great in the morning with coffee or at night for a little dessert with tea!