Chili for a Chilly Night!
As we all know, this winter has been absolutely FREEZING! So, Sunday night, I decided to make a sweet potato and black bean chili-- YUM!
It was very easy and most of the ingredients I already had in my fridge and cabinets, which made it even better!
Here is what you will need:
1) 1/2 tbs. of extra-virgin olive oil
2) 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
3) 1 cup of carrots (chopped)
4) 1 small onion (chopped)
5) 2 small sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
6) 1/2 of a red pepper (chopped)
7) 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
8) 1 (15 oz.) can of black beans
9) 1 (15 oz.) can of diced tomatoes
10) 1/2 tsp. cumin
11) 1 tbs. chili powder
12) Black pepper (to taste)
13) Garlic Salt (to taste)
1) Sautee the olive oil, onions and garlic for a few minutes until they are light brown. Then, add the remainder of the ingredients (you may need to add a little extra vegetable broth if it starts to get too thick).
2) Reduce heat to medium-low and stir occasionally.
3) Let cook for about 30 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft and the flavors have combined!
4) Add a small side to make it a complete meal if you'd like! I made a serving of grilled asparagus.
5) ENJOY! -- and stay warm.
* This recipe makes about five servings & is vegan *